Cold treatment has been used to treat rheumatic disorders for many years helping patients to find relief from pain and improve joint mobility. The Hilotherapy HTP1 device offers an effective, natural and convenient solution for those that suffer from arthritis, rheumatism and other persistent joint issues using a precision temperature controlled treatment directly to the area needing treatment.
.To enquire about a long-term rental please contact us on 02476323372.
||How is Hilotherapy different?
- The Hilotherapy HTP1 device is a small, portable machine which cools water to a specific temperature then pumps that water through an anatomically-fitted cuff specific to the part of the body needing treatment.
- Treatment available for knee, ankle, hands, feet, shoulder and more.
- The constant cold blocks pain receptors, reducing pain intensity and the need for painkillers.
- The local tissue is cooled, reducing blood flow and metabolism in the treated area. These changes have the effect of relieving inflammation and swelling and improving joint mobility.
- Lymphatic drainage and cytokine balance are also boosted. Cytokines play an important role in controlling the immune system and those with rheumatoid arthritis often have an imbalance in pro-inflammatory and anti-inflammatory cytokines.
- The temperature is adjustable between 15ºC – 22ºC therefore avoiding any negative side effects of freezing temperatures whilst providing maximum benefit. Temperature can be adjusted to suit individual needs.
- Reduced pain, improved joint mobility, direct application to the required area, flexibility in length and temperature of treatment all offer an enhanced quality of life.
Research and Studies:
Observational study with cryotherapy Hilotherm (preliminary results) following orthopaedic surgery and rheumatic patients - Dr Peter Keysser